In this video I share the 5 major insights that I had over the past year since starting our "Legalize On Farm Harvest Campaign".
1. Educate consumers about the many food sovereignty issues.
2. Build community large enough to attract the attention of policy makers.
What you can do
1.Educate yourself and share the message through your networks about how our sovereignty and basic human rights are being stolen from us by our own governments on behalf of the industrial agricultural food system. Only when enough people are outraged by the insanity of these draconian laws will we stand a chance to change regulations
2. Join and support existing communities working to address problems of food sovereignty
3. Eat the change you want to see in the world. The current system is not perfect but there are many producers who are doing the best they can without going to jail. Find them, talk with them see how you can support them. Better yet, become a producer yourself and lessen your dependency upon the industrial food system we are trying to change.
4. If you are an Alberta consider submitting a "Cut Red Tape" application on the Alberta Government Website (https://www.alberta.ca/cut-red-tape.aspx) here are some sample answers to the application questions:
Tell us the problem and how it affects you.
It is currently illegal to purchase raw milk and meat that we humanely harvested on farm. This is a violation of my basic human rights and is negatively affecting the nutrient-density of my food and the health of my family.
How can we fix it? How might this save time, create jobs, or reduce costs?
Legalize the sale of raw milk, raw cheese and uninspected meat for farm gate sales. This will reduce regulatory costs, reduce health care costs, increase viability of existing small family farms and encourage new regenerative farming operations
5. Please Like and Share this blog and video!
6. If you have any comments or suggestions please leave them below.
My mission is to regenerate the health of the planet & its people & to help others do the same. Subscribe to my newsletter for blog & video updates about nourishing traditional diets, permaculture design, & more. I'll also send you a free copy of my recipe book filled with loads of tips about how to make delicious & nutritious traditional meals with organs, bones & fat!