Why Is On Farm Harvest Better?
- Zero stress from hi-way transportation
- Zero stress from a foreign abattoir environment
- No adrenaline and stress hormones in your meat
- "Waste" products composted on farm for improved soil health
- Decreased overhead for local meat processors
- Stronger local food systems
- Allows our animals the respect and reverence they deserve
On Farm Harvest In Alberta Is Prohibited
Together We Can Change That
How Can You Get Involved?
Join the conversation about on farm harvesting between producers, processors, policy makers and consumers
Help develop a strategy that will help create Alberta legislation that is a win/win for everyone, animals included
Implement our strategy in a unified effort of social media campaigns, petitions, letter campaigns, rallies and producer/processor lobby groups
Sign up to receive email notifications about upcoming events and other ways you can help create change.